DermaGenius® is a Multiplex real-time PCR assay for the detection and identification of dermatophyte infections in nail, hair and skin samples.
The procedure, from sample to diagnosis, can be easily implemented by a molecular diagnostic laboratory and is suitable for high-throughput screening.
- Detection of more than 95% of the most relevant dermatophytes
- Diagnosis within 3 hours, including DNA extraction
- Rapid DNA extraction kit available from hair, skin and nail samples
- Higher sensitivity than by sample culture (up to 20% more positive results)
DermaGenius® tests are available in several formats depending on the dermatophytes to be detected.
DermaGenius® 3.0 Complete Multiplex real-time PCR kit
- Detection and differentiation of species included in the 2.0 Nail, plus Scopulariopsis brevicaulis, Candida paraosilosis, Nannizia gypsea and Pan-dermatophyte.
DermaGenius® Resistance real-time PCR kit
- Detection of terbinafine resistance by studying mutations in the squalene epoxidase (SQLE) target gene affecting Leu393 and Phe397.
|DermaGenius® 2.0 Nail Multiplex real-time PCR kit||PN-301||50|
|DermaGenius® 2.0/3.0 Complete Multiplex real-time PCR kit||PN-401/402||50|